Classifying things is important – everything has it’s place. But when we say tagging we want it to be more than that. We want the tags you apply to chapters/scenes/notes to be useful for searching for things, or for ordering workflows or visualising frequency of location or characters or maybe mood?
So we want your thoughts on tagging. We may not be able to build it all now – in fact it will definitely come in a series of Tagging v1/v2/v3 etc – but lets get brainstorming how we could do tagging really well.
Some suggestions already (these from Bruce):
- Please don’t limit it to chapters. Tagging notes would be essential as well.
- The ability to search and not just filter would be useful.
- Tagging with character/location/mood
- Tagging with workflow status: draft/final edit/idea stage?
- Ability to order by tag? Filter by tag? Search by tag?
What do you think?